UPDATED! Rules & Regulation
Entries must strictly adhere to the competition theme "It's more fun in the Philippines". The artwork should depict the unique Filipino culture, tourist destinations, diverse activities, exotic natural attractions, fiestas/festivals, etc. that make travelers experience more fun when in the Philippines.
Entries should be executed in full color using acrylic, oil, pastel, or watercolor. Canvas or Illustration Board may be utilized for the artwork.
Works on canvas should be properly mounted on a stretcher or strainer. Board surfaces must be mounted on plywood and enclosed in a box frame.
- • Unframed size must be from 2 x 3 ft. to 3 x 3 ft. Artworks must be framed in a simple box frame.
- • Mixed media and collage works are not allowed.
- • Wet paintings will not be accepted.
- • Any individual who has already mounted a solo painting exhibition in a recognized art venue or art gallery.
- • Participants in the Professional Category must submit proof that they have already mounted a painting exhibit
(such as but not limited to certification from the organizing entity or venue, photos of the exhibit, news articles, and the like)
- • Any individual at least 12 years old who has not yet mounted a solo exhibition in a recognized art venue or art gallery.
Who Can Join
- • Since the objective of the contest is to get different perspectives on why it is more fun in the Philippines, the contest is open to all
nationalities provided that the participant is residing in the Philippines for the duration of the contest.
- • Entries coming from any part of the Philippines will be accepted.
- • PAGCOR employees and their relatives of up to the third degree of affinity or consanguinity are disqualified from joining the
Submission of Entries
- • Each participant can submit one (1) entry only.
- • The entry to be submitted must contain the following:
- o Title of artwork
- o Caption or Brief Text Description of the artwork
- o Certificate attesting to the ownership and authorship of the artwork
- o 2x2 colored picture of the participant
- o Personal Background or resume of the participant
- o Duly filled up contest entry form (can be downloaded from www.pagcor.ph or secured from any Casino Filipino branch).
- • To qualify, the artwork to be submitted should not have been entered in any other art or design contest, nor ever published or
- • All entries should not bear an image of any government official.
- • PAGCOR will only start accepting entries from June 11 to 15, 2012, from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Entries that will be submitted
beyond that period will no longer be accepted.
- • Entries can be submitted in the following venues:
Please note that entries will only be accepted during office hours, Mondays to Fridays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- • PAGCOR will do its part in ensuring that all submitted entries will be handled with utmost care. However, PAGCOR shall not be
held liable for any damage to the artwork or loss of any entry.
Screening, Judging And Selection of Entries
- • The selection of the finalists and winning entries shall be based on the following criteria:
- o Adherence to Theme
- o Technique/Execution
- o Overall impact
- o Composition
- o Color Harmony
- • All entries shall undergo regional screening to determine who can qualify for the final judging.
- • PAGCOR will designate Art Competition Committees in Casino Filipino Angeles and Casino Filipino Cebu
(to be composed of one independent local art expert, one art gallery owner, and one official of the casino branch)
who will do the regional screening of the entries in the Luzon and Visayas-Mindanao areas, respectively.
- o For entries submitted to CCD (Metro Manila and south of Metro Manila)
- • All artworks submitted to the Corporate Communications Department shall undergo preliminary screening by an Art Competition
Committee (to be composed of one art expert, one art gallery owner, and one PAGCOR official) for the shortlist of artworks.
- • Please note that PAGCOR may opt to mount an exhibit of artworks during the regional screening in Casino Filipino Angeles
and Casino Filipino Cebu, subject to the availability of an appropriate venue.
- • All top 30 entries (10 each from Metro Manila, Luzon and Visayas-Mindanao) shall be exhibited at the Airport Casino Filipino during
the final judging day slated for June 29, 2012.
- • Announcement and awarding of winners is on July 6, 2012 (Friday).
- • During the preliminary and final judging, the entries shall not bear the name of the participant or any identifying mark on the canvas
of the artwork. However, the artists can sign their entries at the back of their painting.
- • Artists of entries qualified for the final judging will be formally notified by PAGCOR via phone call and e-mail. Participants who
will NOT receive any formal notification from PAGCOR by June 29, 2012 can claim their entry from CCD or the Casino Filipino
branch (where they submitted their artwork) until July 2, 2012. Unclaimed artworks within this period shall be disposed of by
PAGCOR in whatever manner deemed appropriate without need of notice to the participant.
Prizes at Stake
Grand Prize Winners
PAGCOR Ownership and Use of Artwork
- • The six artworks (three from Professional Category and three from Amateur Category) that will be declared as Grand Prize Winners
of the 1st PAGCOR National Art Competition shall become a property of PAGCOR, and shall be used for the PAGCOR 2013 calendar
and for other communication materials of the corporation.
- • PAGCOR shall assume the intellectual property rights over all prize-winning works in perpetuity. This includes the right to use,
produce or reproduce, make imitative works of the designs for whatever purpose as may be deemed fit by PAGCOR without further
compensation to the artist or his heirs and assignees.
- • The artist must indicate in the entry form his/her proposed selling price for the submitted artwork for the information of prospective
buyers during the exhibit. PAGCOR will not collect any commission from sales that may transpire within the duration of this program.
- • PAGCOR reserves the right to use the name and photo of all the top 30 qualifiers as well as the winning artist and his/her entry
for free in any broadcast or print medium. The artist also grants PAGCOR the right to exhibit the entries as deemed fit.
Acceptance of entries is now closed.
All top 30 entries (5 for Amateur and 5 for Professional categories from each region) shall be exhibited at the Airport Casino Filipino beginning the final judging day on June 29 until July 6, 2012.
3 entries from each category will be chosen as Grand Prize Winners.
- Metro Manila
• CF Hyatt-Manila
• CF Heritage
• CF Pavilion
• CF Parañaque
• CF Angeles
• CF Laoag
• CF Mimosa
• CF Olongapo
• CF Cebu
• CF Bacolod
• CF Mactan
• CF Davao
Corporate Communications Department
6th Flr., PAGCOR Hyatt Corporate Bldg.
1588 MH del Pilar corner Pedro Gil Sts., Malate, Manila
Phone Nos.: (02) 247-1049 • 242-0121 loc. 622 or 629