Decidedly the oldest casino game, Craps has evolved to be lively, riotous fun.
The stickman rules the game. He announces winning and losing bets, the transfer of bettor's chips when the bettor changes his playing position, and the start of betting as he lays the stick on the table layout. When he raises the stick, no more bets are allowed, and a Player designated as the Shooter prepares to throw a pair of dice. Everybody has a chance to become a Shooter starting from the left of the Stickman and goes round and round the table like a merry-go-round.
The object of the game is to bet with or against the Shooter. When OFF marker is shown, it is a coming out roll, and placing a bet on the PASSLINE means betting that the Shooter will roll a 7 or 11 in order to win. If he rolls a craps (2, 3, or 12) PASSLINE bets lose.
If he rolls a Point Number (4, 5, 6, 8, 9, or 10), the OFF marker is withdrawn and an ON puck marker is placed on the point number that comes out. Hereafter, the initial bets on the PASSLINE lose on a 7, and win when the point number is repeated before a 7 comes out.
The DON'T PASS exactly reverses the PASSLINE.
In the course of the game, the Stickman invites all the Players to increase their opportunities and winnings by betting on the following PROPOSITIONS:
1. Come - betting directly on the Come betting slot printed on the layout. Exactly the same as the PASSLINE. Wins on 7 or 11 and lose on Craps. When point number is rolled, bet on come goes to that particular point number and will win if that particular point number is repeated and will lose only on 7. All other numbers, "No Contest".
2. Placebets - betting directly on the point number (4, 5, 6, 8, 9, or 10) printed on the layout. Wins if that particular point number comes out and will lose only on 7. All other numbers, "No Contest".
3. Big 6 or 8 - betting directly on number 6 or 8 at the left and right corner of the layout. Wins if 6 or 8 comes out and will lose only on 7. All other numbers, "No Contest".
4. Field, Low Field, High Field - these are one roll bets. Wins only if those numbers printed on the layout comes out and will lose on all other numbers.
• Centerfields (C & E, Eleven, Any Craps, Craps 2, Craps 3, Craps 12, Horn, High Horn, Hardways and Any seven). These are one-roll bets except for Hardways(4, 10, 6, & 8), which will win if the dice number rolled is a hardway ( 2 & 2, 5 & 5, 3 & 3, 4 & 4), and will lose on 7 and on Easyways, i.e., 1 & 3, 4 & 6, 5 & 1, 6 & 2.