Day 10 - Bacolod Girl's Home Foundation, Inc.
December 4, 2011
The Bacolod Girl's Home (formerly know as the CWL Orphanage) was established in 1950 through the initiative of the Catholic Women's League (CWL) - Bacolod Unit. The institution was built on a two-hectare lot donated by the late Doña Concepcion de Fernandez
In March 1970, the CWL Orphanage was integrated as one of the youth residences under the Chief of Police Office in Bacolod City. It became the counterpart of the Bacolod Boy's Home and was renamed as Bacolod Girl's Home. The supervision of the Bacolod Girl's Home was transferred to the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) in 1975, following Presidential Decree 603, also known as the Child and Youth Welfare Code.