Day 11 - Philippine National Police General Hospital
December 5, 2011
In 1950, an extension facility of the V. Luna General Hospital (AFP Medical Center) was built with a 25-bed capacity as a support unit of the Philippine Constabulary Command. On March 1, 1955, it was renamed the Constabulary Station Hospital in 1972 with 100-bed capacity, and was later renamed as the Philippine Constabulary-Integrated National Police (PC-INP) General Hospital with a 300-bed capacity.
At present, the PNPGH caters to 140,00 PNP workforce nationwide. Seventeen regional health centers, including four primary hospitals (stationed in CALABARZON, Central Visayas, Cagayan Valley and ARMM) are located all over the country to augment the health services being provided to the PNP personnel, their dependents and other authorized patients.